We talk about Invisalign and how it can help you and your family achieve straighter teeth in quicker time.
Smile with Invisalign from Redlands Gentle Dental Care
Redlands Gentle Dental Care in Brisbane offers a wide a range of innovative orthodontic treatments for both adults and children to help make getting that perfect smile easier.
Most people who suffer from dental issues such as misaligned teeth are often too embarrassed to get braces or other orthodontic treatments to correct it. However, with all the latest technological advancements being made, orthodontics have come a long way with a wide variety of teeth straightening options now available.
One of the most popular orthodontic treatments for teeth straightening is Invisalign which is readily available at Redlands Gentle Dental Care in Brisbane.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment process created with the patient’s aesthetics in mind. It is a set of clear (nearly invisible), removable aligners which are custom-designed to help straighten your teeth. They are a great option for those who would rather avoid the traditional metal wired braces.
You will receive a set of aligners which must be changed every two weeks to help slowly move your teeth into its projected final position.
The Invisalign Process
Your dentist will thoroughly examine your teeth and mouth to determine if you are a suitable candidate for the Invisalign treatment.
If you are a suitable candidate, your dentist will then take a digital image of your teeth and using the latest dental technology will edit it to show you how your teeth will look once the treatment has been successfully completed.
Your dentist will then take dental impressions of your teeth, which are sent to the lab along with the edited images of your teeth. At the lab, the technicians examine all the records and begin designing the aligners. Your dentist will be able to log on to the Invisalign programme where your aligners can be viewed and edited, if needed.
Once your dentist is happy with the aligners, the lab creates your custom-made aligners and sends them to your dentist’s office.
You are then handed your sets of aligners to begin using! Each set of aligners are designed to slowly move your teeth and make them slightly straighter than the one used before it, which means you will need to change your aligners every two weeks.
The aligners will then slowly begin moving your teeth into the projected final position (that your dentist showed you during your initial consult); effectively straightening them!
The Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign is a great orthodontic treatment for straightening teeth thanks to its many benefits:
- Appearance: The Invisalign aligners are made from clear plastic making them almost invisible. This makes it a great option for those who are too self-conscious to use regular metal braces.
- Fast: The Invisalign treatment process is designed to help straighten your teeth within 12 months (which is must faster than traditional braces) however, this solely depends on the severity of your misaligned teeth and your dedication to the treatment plan drawn up for you by your dentist.
- Removable: Each set of aligners are removable, making them more convenient for you. Whilst you do need to wear your aligners for at least 22 hours a day to reach optimum results, you are free to choose when to use them (so you can remove them for a function or date!)
- Custom-made: Each set of aligners are custom-made for you and your teeth to help straighten your teeth in the most effective way possible.
- No restrictions: With traditional braces, there are foods you are advised to stay from because they can get stuck or damage your braces (e.g. popcorn, nuts, etc.). Thanks to Invisalign being removable, you can simply remove the aligners and enjoy your favourite foods or snacks.
- Easy clean-up: Traditional braces can make cleaning your teeth a chore. It requires special tools and techniques, but because Invisalign uses removable aligners, you can easily take off your aligners, brush and floss your teeth as normal and then replace them when done.
- Comfortable: The aligners are created using smooth plastic, making them far more comfortable than traditional braces which have metal bits and hard parts which can hurt the inside of your mouth.
- Less visits to the dentist: The Invisalign aligners are custom-made for your teeth, which means less visits to the dentist. With traditional braces, you need to visit your dentist often for tightening or altering.
Use Invisalign for a better smile Brisbane | Redlands Gentle Dental Care
We, at Redlands Gentle Dental Care in Brisbane, are focused on helping you and your family reach your full potential and live a better life with straighter teeth and a brighter smile. Invisalign was created to blend into your mouth and life, making it the popular choice for many children and adults across the globe.
For more information or to book a consultation with us about Invisalign, contact us here!